Ductmann Ltd (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read carefully to understand our views and practices regarding how your personal data or company data will be treated.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Ductmann Ltd.
1. To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with information, products and services that you request.
2. We will not disclose data we hold on you, to any third parties without receiving your permission in advance. Confidential information is Data we hold in respect to your company that can identify the company but does not include Data where the company’s identity has been removed (anonymous data). Examples of such data can be telephone numbers, email addresses and other relevant information required for our contractual relationship
3. Information will continue to be collected during our contractual relationship with you and will be securely destroyed at the end of our obligation to retain it, unless there is a significant overriding reason which will then be conveyed to you
1. Where we need to perform any contract we have entered with you
2. Where we need to comply with a statutory or legal obligation to which you are subject
3. Where it is necessary for the legitimate interests of either party.
4. Data will be processed in accordance with legislation. This may include amongst other things a requirement for your company’s consent to the processing for the performance of contractual relations, for compliance with our legal obligations, or for any other legitimate interest of either party to whom the data is disclosed. When processing data, we will ensure that those requirements are met.
5. We collect and process data for limited purposes, we will only process data for the specific purposes agreed with your company or for any other purpose specifically permitted by the act. We will notify you of those purposes when we first collect the data or soon as possible thereafter
6.We will process and put in place procedures and technologies to maintain the security of all data collected from you , data will be stored on a password protected central computer system.
We may disclose Data to third parties
1 If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose data we hold to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
2 If we are requested due to a legal obligation, or in order to enforce our terms and conditions
1. If you wish to review your confidential information that we hold you must make a formal request in writing to a member of our company
2. When receiving telephone enquiries, we will only disclose data we hold on our system if the following conditions are met
3. We will check the caller’s identity to make sure that information is only given to a person who is entitled to it
4. We will suggest that the caller put their request in writing. If we are not sure about the callers identity and where their identity cannot be checked.
5. Our employees will refer a request to the manager for assistance in difficult situations. Employees will not be bullied into disclosing personal information.
1. We will only retain your information for as long as our contractual or legal obligation require. Details of these periods are available on request. If this occurs the information retained will be held in a secure folder with access only but authorized personnel.
2. In some circumstances we may anonymise your confidential information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you. Any information we do not require will be securely destroyed.
1. We may not be able to perform our contractual obligation with you or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations. In such circumstances the contract would have to be terminated.
1. We will only use your confidential information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another legal and compatible purpose, we will notify you and explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
2. Please note we only process your confidential information without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.